Don't Miss Out
Get on our email list:
Follow us on Facebook:
Check out our volunteer form:
Our Parents’ Committee Welcomes You!
The Alta Sierra Elementary School Parent Teachers’ Committee is a central part of our great school. Our active parents are a big part of why Alta Sierra is so successful.
What we do:
We support the school through community events and fundraising – in fact, we raise more than $30,000 each year.
This allows us to support vital programs like student field trips, assemblies, computer lab, library, art classes, the Accelerated Reader program and much more.
We also supplement classroom equipment and supplies. We also worked with community organizations to install a hands-on learning garden that is now maintained through volunteers.
- Fall Jog-a-thon
- Spring Fundraiser (formerly Casino Night)
- Dinner Nights
Community events and activities include:
- Movie Night under the stars
- Pancake Breakfast
- Mistletoe Mall
- Storybook Night
- Over $6,000 each year available to classroom teachers for supplies and activities.
- Over $7,000 each year provided for field trips to fantastic places, such as the Pumpkin Patch, the local Nutcracker, Coloma, the railroad museum, the Sacramento Zoo and more.
- Students have enjoyed and benefited from assemblies like the Skydome Planetarium and UC Davis Expolorit Family Science Night.
- Monthly Art Docent lessons for every class.
- Installation of a learning garden and orchard.
- Created a Farm-to-School program with a weekly produce cart.
- Bought picnic tables for outside lunches.
How can you get involved?
- At the school site level:
- Join us at our meetings (details below).
- Get on our email list (see link above).
- Follow us on Facebook (see link above).
- Check in on this web page frequently.
- At the district level:
- Attend district PTC meetings (see link at right bottom of page)
- Attend Board meetings (find information on the district web page https://www.prsd.us/)
Check the schedule for our meetings. We would love to see you there!
- President: Alicia Alonso, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President of Volunteers: Rosalynn Asuncion
- Treasurer: Caley Miele-Evans
- Secretary: Carah Rogers