Weekly Update - Week of Feb 17th
Good Afternoon Parents,
Here are some wonderful things we did this past week!
- Learned a poem about a Loose Tooth
- Practiced sorting ending sounds
- Learned about George Washington, and President's Day
- Practiced using sight words in writing, and sounding out words
- Went to the garden and used shovels to dig
- Read The Little Engine That Could and acted it out
- Practiced adding one and taking one away from numbers
- Practiced putting numbers in order
Things to Remember
- Please bring library books to school every Wednesday. If a child is missing their library book, they will not be able to check out again until the following week. A helpful tip is to keep library books stored in their backpacks each time they finish reading them.
This Thursday (the 27th) is our first Alta Sierra Family Game Night. It starts at 5:00pm. I hope you can make it!
- If you have not signed the opt-out form for our Child Safety Puppeteers, they are due this Wednesday. Check your child's backpack for a new one.
You should have also received some reminders for our Dr. Seuss week next week. Here are the dress-up themes:
Monday - Fox in Sox (wear crazy socks)
Tuesday - Cat in the Hat (wear a Cat Hat of any hat to honor Dr. Seuss)
Wednesday- Wacky Wednesday (Wear mismatched, backwards, or inside out clothes)
Thursday - The Lorax (Speak for the environment, wear green!)
- Friday - There's a Wocket in my Pocket (bring a small stuffed toy)
- This Friday is a Minimum Day, 12pm dismissal
Thurs., Feb 27th - Family Game Night, 5pm
Fri., Feb 28th - Minimum Day, 12pm Dismissal
April 6th-10th - Spring Break (No School)